Who We Are

Monday, January 08, 2018

Backyard Posing

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  I had such a nice birthday yesterday - thank you so much for all the good wishes!  I hope you all were given extra treats!

One of the fun things I did was go out back with Maggie and Mom for some frolicking and posing!  Oddly enough, none of the action shots came out very good (we are SUPER fast!) but we did some nice poses, so I thought I'd share those with you!

Our first pose was at the south end of the yard, on the brick path.

IMG_8026CamMagsPathPose
"How's this, Mom?"
"Yeah.  How's this?  Anything to oblige."
"Perfect, girls!"

After a few shots, Mom said, "OK!" and we ran down the path to her:

IMG_8033MagsCamCome
"Here I come, Mom!"
"Wait for me!"
"Pup pup puppies!!!"

There may have been tiny treats involved.

Then we posed in the middle of the yard:

IMG_8047CamMagsYard
Me and Maggie 

We moved over to the limestone retaining wall for a quick shot ...

IMG_8048MagsCamTopTier
"I'm thinking profound thoughts, Cam."
"I'm thinking about the treats in Mom's hand..."

... then as we were walking around a bit, a BUNNY THE SIZE OF A SMALL HORSE ran RIGHT in front of us!!! (We've mentioned him before!)

IMG_8054MagsCamBunnySighting
"Holy jackrabbits, Cam!  Look at the size of that thing!"
"BUNNY!!!!!"
"Run, bun!  Run!!!"

No photo of the intruder - Mom was a little late on the trigger there - but you can imagine it. Oh. And it might explain why we're either on-lead or trailing leads even in our fenced-in yard. Mom doesn't want us to hurt the bunnies or anything else that might think OUR yard is theirs. Whatever.

Mom asked us to pose on the pathway by the gate, but we came up with posing on the limestone.

IMG_8067MagsCamPose
"That bun isn't still there, is he?"
"No.  He's hiding in Tao's honeysuckle.  Mom still has treats."
"Mags?"
IMG_8069MagsCammie
"Oh.  Right.  How's this?"
"Money shot, Mom!"

We had a lot of fun out there!  And even if we couldn't chase him, it was exciting seeing the bunny!

Cammie!

13 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. I fear I better sing loudly, "Run rabbit run!" with you guys on keen patrol. Happy belated birthday by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if we didn't see all the action, you two did a great job posing. We think all the rabbits must have run west to your area. We haven't seen one since the cold arrived:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grreat poses, especially the last! How exciting to see a bunny. We haven't seen any bunnies in our new yard since we moved in, BUT one ran by us on our morning walk a few days ago, so I know they're around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gals did a fine job of staying focus in spite of the introooooding bunny. I like the last two photos and poses with the rock
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures but my favorite one is the first one. I love the two of you sitting fur to fur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both did great posing. We can tell treats were involved. Too bad the bunny got away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a bunny. Do they look anything like cats? I'm a big fan of chasing cats even when mum says NO RAMBO NO. ~ Rambo Hemsworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. BUNNY!!!!! I wish we had those here!!!! Wells, you gurls did a FABulous job of posing! Ma has to gets me out to do some better shots!
    I am glads you had a wonderful Burthday!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful yard you have for frolicking and posing!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who's never seen a bunny. We have plenty of squirrels though, are bunnies very much like them? You have a beautiful garden to pose in.

    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed your birthday, bad Princess !!!!
    Happy (Belated) Birthday dear sweet Cammie, hope you had a wonderful day with lots of TREATS and CAKE and Bunny Pie, hehe
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful last shot. What a birthday you had Cam and a bunny thrown in too.

    Wooos
    Khumbu

    ReplyDelete
  13. You girls did a great job of showing off your beautiful yard. Mom loves that limestone wall, the brick pathway, and your fence! Her enthusiasm kinda scared dad though!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete