Who We Are

Monday, October 12, 2015

Adopt-A-Maggie Day!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  Can you believe it?  Two years ago today I was like this:

IMG_8722Maggie
Me, tucked into 10 Downing Street for a nap

Feel free to "squee", if you must.

Anyway, yes!  It's my Homecoming day!  Two years ago today, I joined my family!  You can click here to see Cammie's first post about me, and there are more "first day" pix posted on last year's Adopt-a-Maggie Day celebration!

Today's festivities have already started!  Actually, they started yesterday evening:  Dad's been out of town (more on that tomorrow) and he came home on Adopt-a-Maggie Eve!  It was EXACTLY what I wanted!  (I'm a bit of a Daddy's girl.  ...and a mama's girl, too...)  Anyway, we went on a really fun all-family walk to start the day - let's take a look!

IMG_3241MagsCamWalk
"Isn't this great, Cam?!!?  The whole family together!"
"It's perfect!  Happy Homecoming, little one!"

We went down one of our favorite parts of Hudson Trail.  Actually, we like it even more now than before.  Why?  Let me show you!

IMG_3243MurphyMags
"Hi, Murphy!!!"

We have a new friend!  His name is Murphy!  He's very well-mannered and both Cam and I just love seeing him!

IMG_3246CamMagsMurphy
"Hi, girls!"
"Hello!"
"Hello!"

We just visit for a couple of minutes; we don't want to tease him or anything - but we sure do wish he could come with us!

IMG_3251MurphyCam
"Same time tomorrow, girls?"
"We hope so, Murphy!"

He's not always out in his yard when we go past, but we love it when we do get to see him!

Moving along - Cam and I struck a pose by the intersection of my favorite streets - Churchill Way and Churchill Street.  You know ... Churchill.  Because I'm Polargold's Margaret Thatcher.  YES!

IMG_3253MagsCamChurchill
"I love this corner!"
"Churchill, no matter which way we turn!"

We also went down Cam's favorite hill to go up:

IMG_3259MagsCamWalk
"This has been such a great day so far!"
"And it's only 9 o'clock!"

What a celebration!  Other activities will include zoomies, relaxing on the deck, more zoomies, delivering a political address to Cammie, zoomies again, special snacks, zoomies, Crazed River Otter Games, zoomies, and who knows what all else!??!  Did I mention zoomies?  Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood, swing by and help us celebrate!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

16 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie! We're glad your dad was able to be home for your celebration! We hope you enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day!!
    So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie!! Hard to believe it has been two years!! Time flies....and your neighbor is very handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy day Maggie. Your furiend is a doll for sure!

    Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie! We simply MUST hear your political address to Cammie☺

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD, Maggie, has it really been two whole years since you joined the family?? It's hard to believe! I hope you have some amazingly pawesome celebrations. We're going to be celebrating tomorrow -- but not Adopt a Maggie Day. Another special day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Gotcha Day Maggie!! It sounds like the day is going great so far. I hope the rest of the day is even better. I wish for you to get a nice box to sit in. That would be pawfect!

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I remembered in advance so I could have come over to party with you Mags! Happy gotcha day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Maggie it was love at first sight and I sure can see why!!! Happy Hapy Gotcha Day sweet girl!
    xoxo
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day, Ms. Maggie!!! At first we thought you were offering the chance to Adopt Maggie for a day:) We would have been right there for at least a day or more.

    Murphy is so handsome - hope you get to see more of him. Bet he would love to walk along with you.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Adopt-a-Maggie day, Maggie! yes, we squeed :) sounds like you're having a pawsome celebrations. just don't forget the celebratory zoomies, k?

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Maggie, you wuz soooo cute as a pup and look at you now...a GORGEOUS girlie!
    Bet Murphy can't believe his luck haffing TWO beauties visiting him!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear doggies, I am so sorry I missed this yesterday. It looks like you had a SUPER day and it is well deserved my friend!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. We would love to swing by! Which bus stop is by your house? Happy GOTCHA!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie - I hope you had a super fun day!

    ReplyDelete