Who We Are

Friday, November 21, 2014

Studio Work

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  As you may have noticed, Cam and I have been downstairs lately, helping Mom in the Studio.  Mom said she needed to wait until I was out of a certain crazy puppy stage before we could give it a serious try.  I have no idea what she's talking about.  Anyway, I've spent time down there, but it's been to run around playing Fetch!  Now that I'm a big girl ... it's time to get to work!

IMG_2202.MagsStudiojpg
"You're not getting started without me, are you?!!?"

That's the outer Studio there.  I didn't want Mom to get started without me!  While she worked on the machine, I squeaked my Squeaky Red Football.  (See Wednesday's post!)  She said I was very helpful.

After that, we moved into the other room of the Studio - the inner room! Mom put some stuff on the floor and I went over to check it out.

IMG_1994MaggieStudio
"You want to know if they WHAT?!?"

As some of you may recall, my great-brother Dave, who I never had the good fortune to meet, was Mom's Guide Dog for the Color Blind.  Mom wanted to see if I had any opinions or interest in color.  I gave it my best shot.

IMG_1992MaggieStudio
"This denim looks like it would be fun to chew ..."

Either you have the gift or you don't.  So far ... well ... let's just say Mom started checking the Studio for these:

IMG_1970Marbles
Mom's marbles

She keeps them in an old jar right on her cutting table in case she thinks she's lost them.

We moved back out to the outer Studio. I did a safety check out the French doors. Mom decided to have the curtains open after that.

IMG_1984MagsStudio
"But all that sunlight is making me sleepy!"
IMG_1973MagsStudio
"Seriously, Mom.  All this work and that bright sunlight ... I can barely keep my peepers open!"

Mom seemed happy about that, for some reason.  Hmm.

Dad was in the Library, so I moved into the Gallery, where I could keep an eye on both him and Mom.

IMG_1989MaggieGallery
"I'm still here for you, Mom.  Just holler if you need any more help!"

This Studio work thing is pretty tough.  I'm building up to it.  I'll keep you posted on how it all progresses!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

8 comments:

  1. we sure hope you did a monster patrol - we hear they like to hide out in dens

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some seriously tiaring work you are doing Maggie! Great patio patrols, checking out the fabric and running around playing, helping your Momma, so much to do! Great job! No wonder you are exhausted! My Mum is laughing at the jar of marbles, she says to tell your Momma that she unfortunately has lost hers so keep a safe close and watchful eye on that jar so you don't loose all of yours! BOL! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a feeling you are really down there helping out mom with her next project
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful studio you have there. Glad you got to put your paws to work, but remember not to work too hard without good pay and lots of treats.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait to see what your mom does with the denim and the beautiful coordinating fabrics, Maggie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think your mom did fine with the color selections even without Dave there to help. Maybe his spirit is guiding her now. You are very good at helping though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love what a great job you do for mom. I have to say that our youngest daughter and I used to have discussions about colors and we always disagreed. This year when she saw her eye doctor, she mentioned it and she actually sees colors differently than most people do....so it was this that caused us to constantly disagree over what a color was. I like two out of the three fabric choices.
    Have a great weekend.
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great helper Maggie!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete