Who We Are

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Found Another One!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie, here with some exciting news!  Our walk the other day started out much like any other walk ...

IMG_2081MagCamWalk
"What a great day, huh, Cam?!?"
"Oh, it IS, Maggie!  I love the feel of the wind in my fur!"

Well ... actually it was a bit better than some walks: both Mom and Dad were with us AND we had wind-chills in the single digits. AWESOME! And it only got better! Check this out!!!

IMG_2082MagBox
"Look everybody!  A BOX!!!"

That's right - someone else with a box garden!!!  This is definitely a new gardening trend and WOW, is it a great one!  This one looked ready for harvest.  I couldn't resist trying it out!

IMG_2087MagsCamBox
"Here I go!"
"Go, Maggie!"

I hopped right in and checked it out thoroughly!

IMG_2083MagsCamBox
"This is a GREAT box!!!"
"Is it fully ripe?" 

It looked totally ready to me - but maybe the people were saving it to harvest closer to Boxing Day or something.  Who knows?

IMG_2089MagsCamBox
"Wait!  Is that a squirrel?!?"
"Where?!?"

I thought there was a squirrel, but I was mistaken.  It's always a good idea to stay vigilant!

IMG_2090MagsCamBox
"You know, Cam, there's plenty of room in here for you, too!"
"Oh.  Yeah.  Thanks.  I ... um ... think I'll stay out here and snoof through these leaves."

Leaves!  I had forgotten all about the great LEAVES!  I love chasing leaves!

IMG_2091MagsCamBox
"Box or leaves?  Box or leaves?  What a dilemma!"
"Sniff, sniff, sniff!"

Anyway, what a great walk!  I hope this gardening trend continues.  Maybe when the seed catalogues start coming in, I can drop some hints and "plant a seed" of my own to get Mom and Dad to grow our very own box garden!!!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

13 comments:

  1. Blimey MT you boxing clever there pal. Keep your eyes out for those boxes. Bet your hood is full of them. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys probably loved that win chill factor
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. were there already windows cut in it cos it could have been a squirrels home?
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could of put all the leaves in the box and then taken them both home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had heard that boxes don't grow on trees - apparently that is because they grow in gardens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are box gardens by you? No fair! I have never seen one and I would love a box garden. if you get any extra seeds, be sure to send some this way.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A box garden is a genius idea Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWOW!! They must grow extremely well in the Mdwest...we have been looking, but haven't seen any box gardens here on the west coast!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think that it is the Annual BOX MIGRATION... they are heading South fur the winter. OR NOT...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, maybe we can figure out a way to get that box shipped to OP with YOU in it:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what would have made that awesome walk perfect???? A STICK!
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, what a grreat box to find! I hope you're able to start a box garden of your own this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool, Maggie! hmmm...we wonder if boxes will grow in our neck of the woods...

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete