Who We Are

Friday, August 15, 2014

Photo Finish Friday

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie, here with a collection of photos Mom took of our adventures throughout the week. Ready to take a look?

We did a lot of early-morning walking this week!  Here is a shot of me and Cam strolling past the Kansas Ocean:

IMG_9435MagCamKSO
"It's a great day to be at the Kansas Ocean, isn't it, Cam?"
"You bet, Mags!"

Looks lovely, doesn't it? I love going on the KSO route; it also leads us to this big meadow:

IMG_9440MagCam
Me and Cammie

We often see deer or turkeys there, but we didn't that day. We were happy anyway!

After our morning walk, we usually go out on the deck and supervise Mom while she tends the tomatoes and pulls weeds and stuff. Here's Cammie, offering Mom some assistance:

IMG_9490Cam
"Why don't you let me help you carry those tomatoes?"

On another morning this week, we walked up past the Grand Mère Village shopping center, AKA The Giant's Castle. I found a lot of fascinating things there ...

IMG_9444CamMagGrandMere
Cam and me at Grand Mère Village

... like a flight training center ...

IMG_9442MagTurbineTrainingCtr
"WOW!  I should take flying lessons!!!"

... and Mr. K's Café!

IMG_9441MagMrKs
"I wonder if anyone dropped any food down here?"

I did find one empty food container on the ground, but Mom saw it first and said that dreaded phrase. You know the one:  "Leave it, Maggie."  Yep.  Can't hear that enough times a day.  Wow, sometimes it's hard being a puppy!

Let's move along!

I got to go out to Tuttle Creek State Park this week! It was great! We went over to the River Pond and walked around a bit. Oh, are there ever a LOT of "leave it" things there - some of which smelled just incredible! Anyway, I was on my best behavior, though, as Cam had warned me that if you don't listen out there, you don't get to go. I opted to be very attentive. For a year-old Siberian Husky puppy.

One of the things we did was walk onto a floating dock! It was my first time and I had no hesitation whatsoever! It bobbed up and down and was really pretty fun. The only challenge came from something called a "buoy". I got into something of a staring contest with it. Here I am:

IMG_2442MaggieRiverPond
Me, off the dock and onto a boat ramp, still staring at the buoy

For the record, I won. No, really!

And ... we also spent some time like this:

IMG_9169CamMag
Cam and me, kicking back in the living room

Those are some of the highlights from our week! I hope you've all had a good one as well.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

11 comments:

  1. LOL 'Leave It' is our middle name. We so know that one. Pawsome week and hope the weather is a little kinder now. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. we hear that 'leave it' a lot too - especially when we come across some goose poop !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so lovely in your photos! BUTT, no foodables under the table that you could get your paws on? Not fair!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, we no that dum Leave it deal too. blah, blah, blah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful week Maggie!!! Beauty AND Leave it's, a perfect mixture!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never hear the words Leave it so don't know what that means. Must be a dog thing. Glad you won the stare down with the buoy Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine, I had no idea there was an ocean in Kansas until you told me!!!

    It looks like you girls had a wonderful week of walks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls have had one great week! We love your profile of you staring at the buoy, Maggie! Of course you won the contest!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Who knew? An ocean in Kansas. Didn't even get to see it when I was there, either. Yours is pretty because it has grass. Ours just has white sand. Boring.

    LOVE the profile of you staring at the bouy!

    ♥ Behr Behr :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you girls had a great week. We love the picture of you staring at the buoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like fun times! I've never been on a floating dock. Sounds a little skeery to me!

    ReplyDelete