Who We Are

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Family Time!

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  We've been having some very warm weather here already (our thermometer topped out at 97℉ by the end of the day yesterday) so after I take Dad on a sunrise walk, we both take either Mom or Mom and Dad again on a nice, long walk.  That way, they get some exercise in and can go do other things while Cam and I lay around in the air conditioning.  ... or something like that.  Anyway, yesterday we took both Mom and Dad and it was really fun!

We started out by going a different way!

IMG_7359MagCamWalk
"I've never been this way, Cam!"
"I've never been this way, either!  How exciting!"

We weren't sure where we were heading, but we loved exploring everything!  We eventually made one turn - and then it hit us -- we were at CiCo Park!

IMG_7360MagCamCiCo
"Hey, Cam!  It's the southern entrance to CiCo Park!"
"I wonder if Mom knows ..."

Cam's right - with Mom's sense of direction, it was a good idea to make sure she knew.

IMG_7363CamMagCiCo
"Mom seems to know where we are, little one."
"OK, Cam.  Let's move on out!"

It was great - we practically had the place to ourselves!

IMG_7368MagCiCo
"Is this great, or what?!?"

Mom likes this next picture of us, walking hip to hip:

IMG_7369CamMagHipToHip
Cam and me

Mom thinks I'm going through another growth spurt.  Pretty soon I'll be as tall as Cammie!

Speaking of tall ... after we walked through the park, we headed up the hill on the big road.  Before we knew it, we were by one of the entrances to Hudson Trail.  I followed tradition and jumped up on the limestone and struck a pose:

IMG_7371MagLimestone
"Hey, Cam!  Look at how tall I am!  Ha rooo!"

You can see more of the hills we walk in the background!  Don't we have a great place to walk and walk and walk?  Speaking of which, let's catch up with Cam!

IMG_7373CamTrail
"Come on, Maggie!  Let's check out the trail!"

It's always a little cooler on the trail - and there are lots of great smells!

IMG_7374MagTrail
"I love walking on the trail!"

Cammie saw an animal over to the right, so we stopped to check it out.

IMG_7375MagCamTrail
"Squirrel!"
"DINNER!"

I'm still not sure how I feel about small, furry animals.  I can tell you I like to chase Robins.

It was a great walk.  Thanks for coming with us!

IMG_7377MagTrail

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day. Hope it doesn't get to hot for you already. To bad mom didn't put some snow in the freezer for you
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD the IRIS ate blooming ALREADY???
    You saw a Squirrel ... you should have invited it to... DINNER.
    Tell your dad that the TRIBE won last night... BARELY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all!

    Since y'all are on a leash, why aren't y'all carrying some water and a fold up water bowl? When I'm on a leash it frees up my Human if I wear my back pack.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small furry animals make for a good chase we say (licking chops as I type). Glad you had a great walk and there is nothing better than some good smell and some pee-mail to read. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Moly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser that sure is hot. It has been beautiful here for once, sunshine in the 70s and fresh air rolling through our open windows. WHOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES! 97 degrees is too hot too fast! What a beautiful walk but we're sure you had a good long drink of water when you got back home!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure did heat up fast here. We have been walking but Phantom doesn't go very far. And Mom isn't supposed to let Ciara get overheated, so we have been going on shorter walks, but more times a day:) That is one very pretty trail you have there. Maggie, I wonder if you will get as tall as me - Mom says I am one very long and tall boy:)

    Woos - Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really have some beautiful places to walk in your neighborhood, Maggie! We are going to be in for similar temperatures here in the coming days. Stay cool!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a most pawesome walk gals, thanks for letting us tag along!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the BEST places to walk! I want to come up to the Little Apple and hike with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete