Who We Are

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Safe and Serene Scenery Sunday

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie, here with Serene Scenery Sunday.  Yesterday, Mom was supposed to go birding with her best birding buddy Beth, but Beth got called in on an emergency.  Mom was all set to go, so Dad said she should go ahead and go - but not alone, of course!  Safety first - it's part of keeping it serene.  Mom decided to take the Head of Security at Ao4 Headquarters with her -- me!

It was cloudy, breezy, and about 20 degrees Fahrenheit out - beautiful weather!  I couldn't figure out why Tuttle Creek State Park wasn't jam-packed with people!  We made a bunch of different stops, looking for birdies, but didn't see many at all. Here are a bunch of shots of those we did see, and what all we did. I'll try to keep the chit-chat to a minimum!

IMG_4550Cam
"Is this where you and Zim saw a bunch of eagles?"

We didn't see a lot of eagles, but there were a few there, way across the River Pond. I saw these gulls:

IMG_4553RingBilledGulls
Gulls on ice
I like the one toward the left, imitating a Flamingo

While Mom took photos, I kept watch!

IMG_4555Cam
On alert!

Here's one of those gulls:

IMG_4579RingBilledGull
Ring-billed Gull in flight

Doesn't it look like a cold, grey day?!?  It was great!

IMG_4599Cam
"Keep shooting, Mom.  I've got your six."

Mom appreciated me keeping her safe.  And since there weren't many birdies around, she decided to take a bunch of pix of me.  I got to walk down this concrete ramp a few times:

IMG_4610Cam

It was pretty fun.  It was almost like being back in the show rin--- GOOSE!

IMG_4618CanadaGoose
Canada Goose!

Sorry.  You have to be ready and quick in the birding biz!

I struck a pose up on the bank; Mom likes this shot a lot:

IMG_4629Cammie
Me.  Cammie.

An adult Bald Eagle landed over on the tree across the pond, so Mom zoomed in on him.  Check out his pose:

IMG_4633BaldEagle
Bald Eagle

I decided I'd pose like that, too:

IMG_4603Cam
Me again.

Pretty good, don't you think?

We decided to go hike on some of the cool paths in the woods.

IMG_4658Cam
"Oh, my!"

I think one of our big storms a while ago did that, but I'm not sure.  It wasn't me.  Ha roo.

IMG_4661Cam
"Look at the size of this stick!  I should bring it home for Maggie!"

Mom nixed my idea, for some reason.  And don't worry - I was still actively engaged in my role as Head of Security!

IMG_4666Cam
"Wait!  I hear something!"

It was nothing.  This time.  But I was totally on the job!

I don't really have the sense of direction Zim does, so even though I was marking the trail, we didn't venture too far.  Once we got back to where we started, we took the trail up above where we had been.  

IMG_4670Cam
"Careful not to trip on the tree roots, Mom!"

Keeping Mom from tripping is part of my job, too.  I made her go slow.  Look at this great path:

IMG_4786Cam

It was so inviting!  Before Mom followed me, I made sure she saw this log:

IMG_4789Cam
"Watch out for this log!"

We hiked a nice amount of time, then turned and retraced our steps.  Good thing I marked every 50 feet or so, so we didn't get lost!  

We had a great time - and a safe, serene time - at Tuttle Creek State Park!

IMG_4792Cam
"This mission's a wrap!"
(My serious Head of Security look)

Thanks for coming with us.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cammie!

PS:  If you'd like to see the rest of our photos from yesterday, please click here.

8 comments:

  1. Cammie you certainly take very much EXCELLENT care of your mom when you take her fur walkies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree Cammie a walk on your own is no fun so glad you kept mum company.
    Have a serene Sunday and make some time for some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cammie, Great job being moms bodyguard. I know I'd feel more secure with you along; Hunter tries but it is hard being so small. He does cop an attitude when big dogs go by. Loved seeing all your poses-you did a great imitation of the Eagle. We haven't seen as many as we normally do in winter-maybe they all are at your ocean. Love the area-thanks for the tour.
    Hugs & wags,
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birding adventure for you and your mom, Cammie! Our mom is not a seagull lover because they're little thieves but she just loves your seagull photos!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cammie, My Vickie things you are the most beautiful girl ever. I sure enjoyed the pictures you took today and so glad you shared them.
    We especially liked the one where you posed like the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a feeling you were the only one thinking it was beautiful weather
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip with your momma! I know she wouldn't have had much fun at ALL if you hadn't been there to keep her mind at ease. And OMD, you looked just like a bald eagle in that one pose!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful walk and adventure you had...it was a perfect day for a husky walk! And I bet your mom liked it too!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete