Who We Are

Saturday, February 08, 2014

The Saturday PhotoHunt - Intricate!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  I thought I'd tackle the challenge for this week's PhotoHunt - intricate.  When I saw our assignment,  I knew exactly what we should have Mom photograph!

IMG_2983Cammie
"Let's go, Mom!"

Let's head downstairs!

You might be thinking, "Ah! Downstairs to the Studio!  One of your mom's quilts or bags!"  Many of those would sure fit the challenge, but I wanted to show you something extra special that we haven't shown you before!

I had Mom place it gently on the stairs so we could all take a look:

IMG_2988Cammie
"Here it is!"

It's our dad's dad's Ukrainian shirt! It has an intricate pattern of cross stitch and embroidery on it - take a closer look:

IMG_2987UkrainianShirtDetail
Intricate design on our dad's dad's Vyshyvanka (Вишива́нка) 

For more information on traditional Ukrainian embroidery, please click here and here.

IMG_2990Cammie
"It's perfect, don't you think?"

That's what we thought of when we heard the word "intricate" - or in this case, "складний"!

Cammie!

PS: For more on The Saturday PhotoHunt, please click here! Join in the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Love the designs. Reminds me of my school days during sewing lessons. Of course mine was not as lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful workmanship and someone must be super talented to do such fine work. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, and very intricate. Most impressive embroidery talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a PERFECT choice... It is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shirt! When I was in high school and college, I was really into folk dancing-and had several blouses that were intricately embroidered. I wonder if he got it on a trip or if it is a family heirloom.
    Happy Weekend.
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice!! Love all that detail. You just don't see things like this much anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shirt! You're right - it is intricate!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is an intricate and beautiful shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is definitely intricate! How beeYOUtiful. But I thought from the first picture that "intricate" was going to be all the lovely shading around your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete