Who We Are

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Serene Scenery Sunday

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  This week, we have a collection of photos from right here in our neighborhood that made us feel nice and serene.  Are you ready to take a look?

First up is a shot of Zimmie and me!

IMG_4322MaggieZim
Me and Zimmie!

That made me feel serene not only because I was on a special walk with Zim, but also because there was still snow on the ground!!! Here's Zim, with more snow:

IMG_4340Zim
My handsome brother Zim!  And snow!!!

I went on a walk later with Cammie, and we found a big shady area where there was still a lot of snow! Take a look:

IMG_3920Maggie
Me!  And snow!!!

Isn't it beautiful? Cammie did some snow-skating on some crusted-over snow:

IMG_3921Cammie
My beautiful sister Cammie!  And snow!!!

It was super slippery, so she splayed out her paws for extra traction!

Later in the week, we had a lot of melting - and I discovered something else that gave me great joy: MUD!!!

IMG_4400Maggie
"So close, yet so far!"

For some odd reason, Mom wouldn't let me walk in it. I don't get that.

We had some wonderful all-family walks this week! I usually walk in front, being the leader and all.

IMG_4420MagZimCam
"This way, everyone!"

I love being in the lead!  I also like to pause and check back on Cam and Zim.

IMG_4428MagCamZimMike
"What do you guys see?  Did I miss something?"

Sometimes, because Mom and I go faster and she tells me stuff along the way (nothing important, just silly stuff like "leave it" and "heal" and things like that), I can't focus on Mom AND checking out the neighborhood, so I miss things.  It's almost like that's Mom's plan - isn't that crazy?  It's like she tries to keep me busy.  Hmm.

If we get too far ahead of Zim and Cammie, Mom has me sit and wait.

IMG_4439MagMikeZimCam
Me, doing a "sit and wait".
Dad, Zim, and Cam at the crest of the hill.

I like to put a little pounce and neck-grabbing action into the game once they get close enough, but that doesn't seem to be part of Mom's idea of serenity.  Go figure.

I hope you enjoyed Serene Scenery Sunday!  Have a great day.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

16 comments:

  1. Your mom is a spoilsport for not letting you get in the mud. Sheesh! It is nice that you wait for Cammie and Zimmie to catch up to you though. You're such a good, serene girl Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get the nicest walkies...
    ALL of our snow is GONE now and we are VERY much glad of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pawsome mud glorious mud. We have plenty here to spare. Have a serene Sunday and get in some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow AND mud??? Sounds very serene to us!!

    Happy Serene Sunday Smileys!
    Dory, Bilbo, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I did enjoy scenery Sunday and seeing where you walk. It seems like you are loving that snow that you have left. We are just glad we didn't get it so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, you HAVE to play in the mud. It is the best fun ever. I set that as one of your missions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie - you and Lightning have a lot in common:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, we're glad you still have some snow to enjoy :) nice shot of Cammie's snow shoe pawsies in action! Wriggley tells us mud can be tricky: yes it's fun at the time but the paw wash or half bath (tummy only) at the end isn't so much! Have a great week!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun walk. You should have brought home some snow and put it in the fridge.
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Mom doesn't like us running around in the mud, either. I have no idea why. I think our parents just don't know how to have a good time!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Serene Sunday! Are you already the leader, Maggie? I guess with your "official" name, you're destined to be the leader :)

    It looks beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Cam-a-roo's paw spread. OK my MOM said that, as you know she has a crazy nutty thing for paws. Thanks for leaving both of us so serene before going to bed. I should sleep extra well tonight.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are doing a lot of paw spreading this winter, Cammie. It does help!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look like some nice walks! For some reason, mommas get funny about letting you have a nice romp in the mud. It's going to get even worse in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. we love your walks, could you walk a little further and pick us up also, our mom is lazy.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Oh Zim, so very happy to see you out and about on walkies...I hope you still get to ride shotgun with Mom once in a while and have a private adventure with her. paw hugs, Savannah

    ReplyDelete