Who We Are

Monday, February 24, 2014

My First Rodeo!

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  Oh, did Cammie and I have an exciting walk with Mom and Dad yesterday!  We went on a route I've never been on before!

IMG_4534Maggie
"This is so exciting!"

For those of you who think Kansas is flat, that photo should put that myth to rest!

At the top of the hill was a really interesting path. Cammie said it's called the Hudson Trail; she's been on it before!

IMG_4124Cammie
"Keep going straight, Maggie!  We'll take the Trail another time!"

Cammie said we were going to something called CiCo Park and that there is always something really fun going on there!

When we got to the park, the first thing I noticed was this sign:

IMG_4535Maggie
"Manhattan Garden Show?!?"

A garden show didn't really sound that exciting to me, but I thought it would be worth checking out. Then Cammie said, no, that Mom and Dad had already been to the garden show, and there was something way more exciting at the park! That's when my snooter got busy and WOW!

IMG_4130MagCamMike
"Over here, Maggie!"
"Oh, MY!!!!"

It was horses!

I did my best Prime Minister pose, so they'd know it was me - Margaret Thatcher!

IMG_4541Maggie
"Let it be known that I, Polargold's Margaret Thatcher, have entered the park!"

I'm fairly sure they were impressed.

Cammie and I were both raised around horses, back in our homeland of Missouri, so we were very calm around them.  Cam wasn't even that interested in them, to be honest.  But then ... we walked over to another part of the park ...

IMG_4549Cam
"BEEF!!!  It's what's for DINNER!"

IMG_4550Maggie
"OH, MY!"

It was a pen full of bulls!  We were very calm and quiet around them, too ... even though we might have been thinking about things like ... oh ... DINNER!!!  The bulls weren't interested in us at all and walked off.  Mom said if Zim had been there, they would have been up at the fence wanting to make friends.  I need to get him to teach me how to do that.

We walked around for a bit, enjoying the sights and GREAT smells!  Apparently the horses and bulls were there for the KSU Rodeo.  I sure hope they had a good time - I know I did!

We walked past some new horse friends on the way out of the park; they were very friendly.

IMG_4547Maggie
"Oh... why, yes.  Yes, this IS my first rodeo.  So to speak, anyway!"

If you'd like to see close-ups of some of the bulls and our new horse friends, please click here to visit our set on Flickr.

The way home was fun, too.  When we got back up to the entrance to Hudson Trail, I jumped up on the limestone and struck a pose:

IMG_4552Maggie

It's something of a family tradition to jump up there and pose.

Thanks for coming to the rodeo with us! I hope you thought it was as exciting as I did. OH! And Mom said we'll walk the Hudson Trail VERY soon! I can't wait!!!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

17 comments:

  1. OMD HOW Very Much EXCITING.

    We think we recall a rodeo from Last year.

    OMD it must have smelled and looked and Sounded AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of our grandboys rides those things, now you know why my mom mostly sits with her hands over her eyes.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting MT horses and bulls. Did mum and dad get to go to the rodeo? That is my girl....Strike A Pose! Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great adventure. we bet those horses are still talking about you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's what's for dinner, hahaha! What a wonderful adventure, we are so jealous.

    Your friends, Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Highness, I am so thankful you shared the rodeo with all of us.You and Cam are so well behaved; I'm sure they knew you were a dignity.
    Looks like it was a wonderful day all around. Thanks for sharing.
    Wags,
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MY is right Maggie...that was a pawesome walk!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Arty, Jakey and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie T., You might not want to believe EVERYTHINGY that Cammie tells you... those Chicken Lips... are totally TASTELESS.. And TOUGH to CHEW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:12 PM

    what a wonderful walkie you and Cammie had Maggie. And horses, OMC! Bet they were big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken lips??? What's that all about?

    Nice walk for you, Maggie. We need to get Mom out of the neighborhood - an adeventure like that sounds like so much more fun.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lotta beef! How cool you got to meet the horses too! So glad you saw that sign Maggie! At first we thought that sign said Pottroff so we thought we were gonna see Mommy's cousin since that's where she works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was an unexpected adventure. What don't they have in Kansas? My goodness.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's no bull I have ever seen since I'm a bull. That was a terrific walk. I like the skinny path
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are sure all of the animals are still taking about you, Maggie. Imagine being visited by the Prime Minister!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmmm Beef!
    What a wonderful walk you went on, it looks like you had fun, liked to look at the cows! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maggie, you did grreat for your first rodeo! You need to come down to visit us here in Texas and I'll take you around a BIG rodeo!

    ReplyDelete