Who We Are

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Better Than A Drive-By!

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  I had the most exciting morning!  It started out like always - breakfast, a short walk, playing... you know - the basics.  But then Mom let Cammie and me play on the deck a little bit.  Here we are, taking a break:

IMG_4382CamMag
"I think the German Shepherd from next door is outside!"
"Let me see, Cam!"

We had a nice play session, THEN Mom said, "Come on, girls!" and we headed off on another walk! Now that my two weeks of recovery after my spay is over, I couldn't wait to see where we'd go! Check this out!!!

IMG_4383CamMag
"Look up and to our left, Maggie!"
"GASP!  Aunt Cammie!  It's ... it's ..."

You all know what it was!  The Kansas Ocean!!!  I've driven past it, but I've never gotten to walk all the way there!!!

We strolled along the boardwalk ...

IMG_4385MagCam
"This is so exciting, Cammie!"
"Isn't it lovely here, Mags?"

... stopped to take in the scenery ...

IMG_4389Maggie
"I'll have to let Zimmie know it's still frozen.  I don't see any of his birdie friends!"

... and even crossed the transoceanic bridge!

IMG_4391Maggie
"That was so fun!  Let's cross back over!"

Walking to the ocean was everything I imagined it would be!  I made the most of it by zig-zagging as much as possible and checking everything out, and wow, did I use up a lot of energy!  Then Aunt Cammie reminded me of something:

IMG_4396Cammie
"You know we have to walk all the way home now, too ... right?"

I forgot.  That's OK - I'm a puppy; I have plenty of reserve power!

IMG_4399CamAndMaggie
"C'mon, Auntie Cam!  I'm not tired yet!"
"Atta girl, Maggie!"

We went up this big, hilly road to get back home:

IMG_4405CamAndMags
"You know why there's sand all over this road, don't you, Maggie?"
"Yes!  Because we're by the ocean!"

I've been hanging out with Zim a lot.  That's how I knew that.  Zim is so smart!

Anyway, thanks for letting me tell you all about my exciting walk to the KSO and back!  Mom said I'm going to get to go on a big walk every day now, in addition to my shorter ones!!!  I'll be sure to have her take lots of photos along the way!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

13 comments:

  1. Wow Maggie, what a great reward for being patient while you healed....Your first ocean visit with sand and everything!!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Bilbo and Arty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a nice walk - now you really are an explorer!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very exciting excursion Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that you finally got to go to the Kansas Ocean Maggie! You certainly are becoming a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee! Zim is teaching you well, Maggie! Looks like a beautiful day for a walkie to the ocean :)

    PIp, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeaaaaaaa for long walkies! We're so glad you've recovered fully from your biggirlsurgery, Maggie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. MT glad to see you out and about and going on your big girl walks now. Way to go. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first trip to the ocean is a big deal. What a glorious day for a stroll on the boardwalk. Maybe next time you will see some of the oceanic wildlife.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  9. We see that your snow is going away also. Isn't it WONDERFUL. You surely had a super fangtastic walkie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD, you got to walk to the ocean!! How exciting. The ocean is way to far for us to walk to, so I love seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty pictures but you two are the prettiest!What beawoooootiful markings you share!

    Your Friends, Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really pooping out Aunt Cammie, BOL
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an adventure....we bet Zim is jealous :)

    ReplyDelete