Who We Are

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Painting!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cam.  I'll begin answering your wonderful questions for my "Dear Cammie" column starting Monday.  There are some WONDERFUL queries in there and I can't wait to get started!  I was going to get the column going today, but I'm just exhausted.  I helped my mom with a big task yesterday - it was called painting!  Mom said the accent should be on the "pain" part.  Hmm.  Anyway, here's how it went.

Mom put a plastic blanket on the floor, wiped down the walls, then played with blue tape and didn't let me help with that.  She then took all the faceplates off the electric outlets; I wanted to see what was in there, but she didn't seem too keen on me putting my little nose in there.  The real fun part seemed to start when she poured a bunch of stuff that sort of looked like mud into a dish and put in on the plastic blanket!  Oh, how I wanted to be a part of that - but Mom said perhaps that wasn't a good idea.  How could that be anything BUT a good idea?!?  Zim said clearly Mom was out of her mind, and needed close supervision.  JUST my kind of work!  I got right on it!

IMG_0389Cam
"You missed a spot, Mom."

She moved our water bowls over there by the desk.  They're usually right in front of the wall Mom was painting.  I didn't really like the new location, so I didn't drink much until she moved them back.

She painted the wall under the kitchen peninsula and where it winds around.  For those of you who know my mom, I should have warned you that she used something other than white.  I hope you weren't too shocked!  Mom loves white - especially white paint.  Zim said this grey paint is further proof that she's getting a little nutty and needs to be watched closely!

IMG_0390Cam
"Make sure you remove the tape while the paint is still wet.  Want me to do that for you?
No?  Are you sure?"

Mom did such a good job on those walls, that Dad encouraged her to keep going and do one wall in the dining room!

IMG_0395Cam
"Want me to steady the ladder for you, Mom?"

Mom said it would be best if I stayed out of the dining room for a while.  I'm not sure why!  Zim was in there and there was plenty of room since Mom and Dad moved the hutch over after stacking all the china on the table!  She must have been worried about me over-doing.  I got back into Supervisor-mode.

IMG_0396Cam
"You might want to consider moving that pan of paint..."

Mom and Dad were really happy with how the paint came out AND with how helpful Zimmie and I were.  It must be because we're Working Breed pups, because it came pretty naturally!  I still think a reward is in order, though - don't you?

Don't work too hard this weekend!

Cammie!

13 comments:

  1. You did a great job supervising her Cammie! It looks wonderful! Our mommy could use your help too since she refuses to let us supervise her. Your dad proved what happens here too - once they start painting, they just keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need many many treats! What hard work you did. The wall looks great. Our whole main floor is grey and blue b/c Mrs. Master doesn't seem to realize there are even other colors.

    If she starts painting any different colors, I'll take Zim's advice and keep close watch on her.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom is brave! I've been trying to decide what color to repaint a small bathroom for five years now. I'm afraid I will pick too dark and it will look like a cave, or just pick a yucky color!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defo a reward or two or three. Looking good in your crib pals. Have a super Saturday and make time for some big easy tomorrow after all that snoopaw-vision.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:52 PM

    why yes Cammie, you Sibes are definitely Working Breed woofies and that was just your kind of job! Mom would never have been as successful without you both

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cammie, I know that you were sending your mom all those positive vibes so she could do such a good job. Hey, can you ask her where she found the dog bone shape mat for bowls? Our little area rug that I put Hunter and Lily's dishes on has bit the dust. I can't find anything I like so right now just using a plastic doggy place mat-but it is too small for two bowls.
    Can't wait to see how everything looks after she is done painting.
    Hugs, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome snoopervisor, Cammie! That's why your mom did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?! Your mom used a color other than white? Good thing she had you around to snoopervise her work.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure the success was all do to your keen eye and supervision. And I noticed you did not get any paint on you. I can tell you from experience that that a tail makes a great paint brush.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you get to taste any of the milk shake stuff in the pan?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our mom is another white paint lover and she thinks that your mom is very brave to choose a color! So how do you like the grey, Cammie?

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. good snoopervisin!!! just be careful - last time there was paint here, some black cat wandered though and mom was picking white paint off his ears for several days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how they got anything done without you around!

    ReplyDelete