Who We Are

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Football and Fine Dining

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie Thatcher.  I've had so very many "firsts" lately - I wanted to tell you about another one or two!  I know I filled you in the other day about watching a movie for the first time, but I also got to watch football over the weekend!

IMG_1095Mag
"Ole Miss against LSU?  Zim said I should put my money on Ole Miss."

It was very fun watching!

IMG_1088Mag
"OK, wait ... this one is Clemson versus Florida State, right?"

My daddy is so good at using the remote control, we can watch two games at once!

IMG_1089Mag
"Oh, no!  Is he OK?"

We don't want to see anyone get hurt - no matter what team they're on!

IMG_1091Mag
"He was OK!"

I've also done more of the "hanging out on the deck" that Aunt Cammie is teaching me.  Here is a picture of me catching some warm Autumn sunshine with my mom:

IMG_1069Maggie

It felt really good!  (Do you like the artwork I left all over my mom's black pants?)

Some of you have commented that I've become quite the Daddy's girl.  Well, I certainly DO love my daddy and he understands my needs as a Prime Minister.  For instance, the day my mom left us to go birding?  I wouldn't eat my din-dins - so being the best daddy ever ...

IMG_1104MagMikeZimCam
"This is much better, Daddy."
"Good girl, Maggie!"
"She's got you wrapped around her little pink-padded paws, Dad!"
"Good girl, Maggie!  Eat your din-din!"

That's right - I was hand-fed.  It was wonderful!  And Zim and Aunt Cammie were so supportive!  For some reason, my mom thinks there is no reason for a healthy 11 week old puppy to be hand-fed.  In fact, she just puts my bowl of din-dins in my private residence and expects me to eat in there.  All alone.  Is that any way to treat the Prime Minister? I think not!

My residence is lined with nice, fluffy towels.  Mom puts my bowl flat on the towels then just leaves me there.  It's horrible.  I don't like it like that ... so I decided to do this:

IMG_1149MagStillArt
My bowl is sitting at a perfect 45-degree angle

Mom didn't budge on the "I should be hand-fed" issue, but she does think I have a lot of promise as an artist.  My bowl does create quite the nice still-life, doesn't it?  I admired my work of art for a few moments ... and then I just couldn't resist!

IMG_1144Mag
"I'm done now."

Yes, of course I ate it all before I turned my bowl upside-down.  I'm a puppy; I love to eat.  Besides, it wouldn't be proper table manners to dump it all out, would it?  (I save that behavior for the water bowl.)

I'll be sure to keep you posted on my other "firsts" as they occur.  Thank you for letting me share.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

11 comments:

  1. Oh dumping water is the best! Do you ever dig in yours?

    Your dad seems like a really nice guy. Maybe he'll rub off on your mom eventually!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. MT you are sharp alright already having daddy wrapped around your paw. Hand fed ..... gosh but then again mum needs to remember being Prime Minister you are use to it. LOL. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee! Maggie, you are having a lot of fun firsts! we think you deserve the royal treatment ;-/ you know, our mom hand feeds Wriggley a lot and he's 12. He says it's training...maybe you could train your mom...

    btw, nice fur-job on your mom :D

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sure are making a lot of progress there Miss Maggie. But as for the football thing, we thought you rooted for the Wildcats?? MOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you watch the Chiefs too Maggie? Our daddy always watches more than one game at a time too so that remote must be a guy thing. It was very sweet that your daddy hand fed you. Your mom on the other paw, sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the GRIN on your dad's face, we think HE enjoyed the HAND FEEDING as much as YOU did, Margaret T..

    Moms are a bit more difficult to TRAIN than DADS are... in Some areas, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your talents are endless Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are learning so much. You look tinier next to Pops, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie you are a girl after my own heart. I'm not the best eater and my dad hangs out with me until I finish my meals. BTW our mom's beloved WVU Mountaineers are playing against your KState Wildcats this Saturday. May the best team win.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to demand that your puppy kibble be soaked, Maggie! It's softer on your young toofies *wink wink*

    Love ya lots♥
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of football, but I'll watch it sometimes with Grandpa when I go visit him. There's an awful lot of shouting, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete