Who We Are

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birding

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cam.  I got to go on a short birding walk with my mom the other morning.  We had spotted a Western Kingbird nest a week or so earlier, and Mom wanted to check in and see how things were going.  (You can see the pix from that first discovery at this link.)

We saw Mama Bird sitting on the nest again!

IMG_5720WesternKingbirdNest

Mom said I'm a very good birding partner because while she shoots 10 million pix of a bird on a nest, I do this:

IMG_5727Cam

Here's Mama Bird on the wire:

IMG_5722WesternKingbird

Mom took 10 million "bird on a wire" shots, too, so ...

IMG_5434Cam
" 'Coexist'?  I wonder if that means with cats?  Ha roowooroo!"
(No offense meant to our kitty cat blogging buddies!)

Yep.  That's what I did.

I think I've got the hang of this "birding" thing!

Camo!

15 comments:

  1. Wow Camo!

    Mrs. Master wonders how the shoot may have been different if it were January and not July. I have no idea what she means.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a good photo partner Cam!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camo, you're so patient during the birdie pics that we bet you'd be patient with kitties too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camo you are just the best and you make a super model. Mums' bird pix are always great. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great birding partner Camo!

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are invited to follow my Christian blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camo, I know that I would love hanging out with you and your mom-I love watching birds. Hope you have a great evening!
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those birdies look very tasty, I mean pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got the whole patience thing under control!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job, Camo! you will score yourself a lot of birding adventures in the future. Wriggley says cats are an acquired taste...wait...that didn't come out right...we're pretty sure he means you get used to us...yeah...

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice of you to go with your Mom bird watching. The photos are beautiful.

    We do admire your patience, Camo and we love your smiling photos, too.

    Love,
    Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cammie, you are an excellent birdy watcher. Sometimes I bark and Mommy doesn't seem to appreciate that.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very good! You don't even need the binoculars
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a patient girl while your mom takes the most beautiful birdie shots, Camo!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Camo, what a grreat bird dog you are!!

    ReplyDelete