Who We Are

Monday, July 11, 2011

Keeping Cool!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  I can't even begin to tell you how hot it's been here lately.  Well, no... I guess I could begin -- does the fact that our heat index was 120℉ at 8 o'clock last night tell you anything?  (That's 48.89℃ for our international readers.)  Yep.  Mighty toasty.  We get our walking and big exercise of the day over with nice and early (Mom and Dad can count on me to get them up to enjoy the nicest part of the day!) - but by afternoon, we've pretty much had enough of laying on the AC vents to keep cool.  After lunch ... it's time to head downstairs!

There's all kinds of great stuff to do down there:  hang out with Dad in his office, help Mom in the Studio, get a work out in (I tried hopping on the back of the treadmill the other day when Mom was working out; that didn't go real well), or chilling in any number of places! Here I am, seeing what Mom's up to:

IMG_2844 Zim
"Hey, Mom!  What's shakin'?"

She and Dave have been working real hard on a quilt using reproduction battle flags from the US Civil War.  (You can read about it on Mom's blog, if you're interested.)  I could see that things were going well, so I thought about going to take a snooze in the tub like I like to do.

IMG_2822 Zim
"Hmm... should I nap in the tub?"

I decided against it.  Dave and I got b-a-t-h-s the other day.  Now, I've never SEEN water in the tub downstairs, but I've heard it's possible - so I want to stay away for a while.  IF you know what I mean!

Dave was busy helping Mom choose the right color quilting thread:

IMG_3053 Dave
Dave working in the inner part of the Studio

It takes a true professional to make it look as effortless as Dave does!  He had it covered in there, so I thought I'd hit the Library.

IMG_2886 Zim
Z time!

Ahhh!  Cool, comfy and quiet!  Just perfect!

I hope all of you are finding good ways to beat the heat!

Play bows,
Zim

10 comments:

  1. Oh Zimmie...you are curled up so comfy and cute!! Hope you got a nice nap in!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just counting the days till Summer is over!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather is nutty. Better stay inside and play
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of stuff is going on at your house to keep you occupied inside, guys! You mom's quilt is gorgeous!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here, it's beat the cold. I am sick of winter!

    Huffs

    p.s. my mum likes that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is mighty toasty there in the Little Apple! We're in the mid to low 70s this week so our A/C isn't even on. You are curled up like my little sisfur Angel does. I do think you are part kit kat Zim!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks fur the downstairs tour, Zim! That tile floor looks nice & cool. Our mo loves your mom's latest quilt - it is such a cool idea! Please tell Dave we think he's doing a pawesome job coordinating all that quilting stuff!

    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes!! That's really hot!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very un-Siberian like weather. Where is the snow when you really need it?

    P.S. - Sam posted on his blog how neat Dave keeps the studio so neat and that must be a Siberian trait. We pointed out that Dave is a LabraDave, so that doesn't really count.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so cute.

    Looks like you are staying nice and cool for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete