Who We Are

Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo Finish Friday

Tail wags, dear readers.  It's me, Stormy, here with Photo Finish Friday.  This week, my theme is the Harp Seal Look.  Even though I teach the Harp Seal Look here at the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies, I still work constantly to perfect my technique.  I thought I'd show you a few of my practice sessions!

In this one, I'm standing right in front of where our treats are kept:

IMG_1110 Stormy

Unfortunately, I forgot to look Mom right in the eyes. That part is crucial! I had to try again.

DSCN0678 Stormy

That was a good one. I was over in the breakfast room, so Mom wasn't sure what I wanted. That can work to your benefit. As I recall, I got to go outside and got a treat. Bipeds will fall totally under your control and do anything they can to please you if you master this look - trust me!

Mom liked this next one so much that she did some special effects on the photo itself:

IMG_1455fXs Stormy
THE Harp Seal Look

And me? Oh... I got exactly what I wanted! Check it out:

DSCN0691 Stormy
"I'm not sure this is enough ... I'm sooooooo hungry ... "

See how I was able to take the treat and STILL do the Harp Seal Look? Oh, my, does that take focus! And you know what happened next, don't you?

IMG_1034 Stormy
"Why, yes, thank you; I WOULD like another treat!"

That's right - another piece of the wonderful chicken jerky our friends Mochi and Bali sent us!  It's so good!  Mom rations it; we hardly ever get more than one little taste!

I've taught my brothers to master the look - and you can learn it, too!  Just focus, look as sad as you can, and try to extend the outer corners of your eyes.  Zim is aces at it now; I'm so proud of him!  And Dave - it took him a while, but he's got it!    I'm sure you can do this to!  Give it a try - and let me know how it goes for you!

Tail wags,
Storms

16 comments:

  1. I think I have got that one sussed. Master and Misery are toast as far as I am concerned.

    Pippa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a feeling that look will get you just about anything
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food always get my attention as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those looks seem to work magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try my best! It works good on other peoples but Mum seems a bit immune!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect harp seal!
    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips! We'll certainly try it tonight.

    Keep up the good work,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Stormy!
    That look! I need to try it!
    I can see works very good for you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are still the master, er... mistress, Stormy!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWWW That cute face & sad puppy eyes of yours could melt anybody's hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are still laughing at Pippa's comment LOL! Seriously, dear Stormy, you are looking so beautiful, and I adore your sweet Harp Seal look.

    It is on a par - if not higher, with my, sad cow eyes look.

    It does work everytime for me too!

    lotsaluv, Marvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Storms, you are a terrific teacher. We promise to practice a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the master of the baby harp seal look. Your mom must be made of steal not to be giving you noms constantly.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sam has mastered the look, but Monty has a way to go!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the technique. Going to go give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:22 PM

    I know a certain little missy who's got that look down already! :)

    ReplyDelete