Who We Are

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Off To The Ocean!

Woo, pups and cats.  It's me - Dave!  So there Zimmie and I were the other day, just zooming and wrestling kicking back and relaxing in the living room ...

DSCN7071
Me and Zim relaxing in the living room

...when Mom decided a little trip to the Kansas Ocean was in order. What fun!

When we got there, instead of just walking around the ocean itself and stuff, Mom had us walk past the ocean, then up this really big hill.  Here's Zim:

IMG_0412Zim
"How am I going to have the energy to zoom relax with Dave if I walk all the way up there and back?"

I think I heard Mom mutter something about someone with excess energy, but I have no idea who she was talking about. Zim said maybe she meant herself. Maybe she'd had too much coffee or something.  Yeah.  That sounds about right.

Here I am, coming down the hill:

IMG_0413Dave

Doesn't my shadow look cool?

Zim and I had a competition to see whose had the best camouflage.  What do you think? Here's Zim:

IMG_0414Zim
Zim's camo job

And here I am:

IMG_0415Dave
My camo job

Yeah. That's pretty much what we thought - if Zim and I switched leashes, he'd be practically invisible!

We eventually got back within sight of the Kansas Ocean.

IMG_0417Dave
"Ah!  Back at the Kansas Ocean!"

It was quite the long road march. We only had enough energy to pose for one photo:

IMG_0424DaveZim
This one's for Stormy!

And then ... well ...

IMG_0426DaveZim

... Mom snapped that right before I jumped Zim. Ha woo. She started muttering again - then we headed home. She had another cup of coffee when we got there, so I'm thinking she might not be the one with that "excess energy" thing. All I know is Zim and I sure enjoyed our trip to the ocean!

Luv,
Dave

17 comments:

  1. I definitely think Zimmie would become invisible if he were to stand in those tall grassy weeds! He has the perfect coloring!

    Looks like you both had a nice walk with your mom!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think going to the Kansas Ocean has to be a thrill!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Mom takes me sometimes on those hill march things too....good grief! Your photos are fantastic! Love the one of both of you looking back!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zim blends in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys sure are good at camouflaging yourselves.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time at the ocean. Beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excess energy? What's that? Must have been your mom who had that but it seems your trip to the Kansas Ocean burned off some of it since she had to replenish her energy when she got home.

    We giggled at your photo for Stormy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your mum wore herself out from the big walk and had to have another coffee to wake up again. Yep, that's it for sure.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't even spot Zim! I just saw a floating leash!

    Hope you guys still had enough energy to relax at home!

    Sonic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dave, I liked your big shadow picture. :) I am glad you had a nice trip to the Kansas Ocean too. Tell the rest of the pack hello for me.

    Kisses,
    Nala

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always enjoy the great photos of your fun Kansas Ocean trips...You handsome boys look like you had a wonderful time...kisses, sweet, beautiful friends...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a relaxing time you had! Hmmm...
    And the trip to the Ocean... wow!
    I know you love going there!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think both of you did a great job with the camoflage!
    What kool shadows too!
    Kansas Ocean sure looks beautiful!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You blend just perfectly, Zim. We can hardly see you at all!
    We have no idea what excess energy means!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  15. What perfect camo you have there, Zim! The Kansas ocean sure is pretty!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! An ocean trip! Beautiful shots!

    Happy Wednesday!
    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great trip to the ocean, woo pups! Sometimes when we "relax" like that we get booted out to the yard. go figure.

    Wooswer, Zim's practically invisible against those beawootiful autumn colors!

    jack a-roo & miss moo

    ReplyDelete