Who We Are

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Backyard Sentry Duty

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  Me again, Zimmie!  And it's all because of the great comment my bestest friend Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat and Honorary Husky left on Sunday's post!  She said, "Mum would like to say that the last photo is VERY cool.  I would like to say I need to see more photos of my bestest friend Zimmie."  Ha roo roo roo, isn't she just the coolest best friend?!?  Storm said I just can't disappoint Huffs, so today I'm posting pictures of how I do Sentry Duty in the backyard.

Here I am, down at the bottom of the yard.  I had just ignored the toy Mom threw for me and raced down there.  I saw some guy walking a dog I didn't know.

Hey!  Hey!  Hi, my name's Zim!

Oh, some of you had asked how long that lead is.  It's 25 or 30 feet.  Mom doesn't even hold on to it, it just trails behind me in case I ... say ... go under the bushes to find something and won't come out.  Just a hypothetical.  I don't always wear it, but Mom is concerned about baby bunnies right now.  Anyway... back to Sentry Duty!

The man had the audacity to ignore me!

Hey!  Can't I meet your pup?

I couldn't believe it!  I tried to go out to meet them, since they wouldn't come to me.

I'll bet I could just squeeeeeeeze through here...

...or maybe not.

Anypuppy know why Mom and Dad had this concrete strip put under the fence?  Hrumph!  The coyotes who sing to me at night get in here somehow; I've got to figure out how they do it!

Sadly, I didn't get to meet the pup who walked by - but on the other paw, Ao4 HQs was safe!  No one gets past me when I'm on Sentry Duty!

Now about that toy Mom threw up on the top tier...

Play bows,
Zim

19 comments:

  1. (sigh)...I remember Wubbas. Sadly, Momma doesn't see the point in bringing anymore home. I'm too hard on them.

    The coyotes actually come into your yard??


    Brice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zimmie
    Great photos of you - imagine a dog you dont know walking past your yard. The cheek of some dogs!Even worse if they dont stop to chat.
    Don't try squeezing through in case you get stuck and they need to call the fire brigade to cut the railings!
    That is a long lead and our mum wondered if you ever tie yourself in knots?
    love
    Martha & Bailey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of you , Zimmie. Are you telling us that coyotes come right inside your yard???? That is very scary.

    BTW, TD likes his wubbas too but some are minus the balls:(

    Tail wags, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Zim! How rude of that person not to let their pup go say hello to you. I has never seed a coyote afore!

    I is gonna have to go on a long lead in the garden bit now :( I did a dissappearing act again.
    I love my wubba!
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post and enjoyed the pictures. We have never had the coyotes come into our yard, but we talk to them all of the time.

    And we understand the concrete strip. They installed our fence by digging a one foot deep trence, installing the fence so that the first foot was below ground, and THEN pouring concrete up to ground level. We can get really deep, but have never gotten under that.

    Something about Nikita trained our humans well. What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:54 PM

    My handsome Zim!!! Look at that last photo first of all. I like how happy you look! I am sorry about that pup you tried to meet.
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  7. WUBBA!! I took mine to the lake today with my Aunt Mabel. I am sorry you did not get to meet that pup some humans are just so rude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Zimmie. You look so cool and I feel so much safer knowing you're out there guarding the border.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate it when people ignore me!
    Mom has our fence lined in concrete too, It must be a conspiracy!Have fun with your toy!
    -Kira

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Zim! Bummer that pup didn't get to come say hello....nice job trying to get out though and what a great way to keep coyotes out. ;)

    Kisses,
    Nala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your fence is so much nicer than ours! But how do you dig out for an adventure???

    Butt wiggles, Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Zim!
    I can see you take seriously your Sentry Duty!
    The nerve of that man ignoring you!
    Hmmmm....
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do an awesome job of Sentry Duty! Good thing you have time for play breaks too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All work and no play makes Zim a dull Sibe!! You definitely do a good job on Sentry duty, but then you have a great time after!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks funnnnnnnnnn

    ~ Bae

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sentry duty Zim.

    Hey you got your Wubba! you got your Wubba...

    Can we come play too? :-)

    Holly & Zac...who LOVE Wubba's...XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job at sentry duty. My mom is envious of your mom's concrete strip under the fence. She must be worried about coyotes too.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job, but don't work too hard! That's a very nice fence you have! And yes, I know what the concrete slab is for! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete