Who We Are

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Coffee Quilt!

Woo, everypup! ...and catcats, too. It's me, Dave - Guide Dog for the Color Blind. I was reading my good friends Guinness and Shiloh's blog the other day - they're over at the Stoutino Inn and Foster Kennel. Their mom is helping teach a quilting class to the kids at their mom's library! Isn't that cool? She posted a picture of her first effort on Guinness and Shiloh's blog - and woo, does it look great! She said she wished she had me help her pick out colors, but I really like what she came up with. It reminds me of WATERMELON, one of my most favorite things!

She also mentioned she has started buying coffee-themed fabs! Woo, Mom collects those, too! I thought she was going to make something for Zimmie, since he likes coffee so much, but apparently one of our non-fur cousins does, too. Mom made this quilt for her; I helped pick which fabs to use, of course. Here it is:

It's a pinwheel type of quilt. Here's a closer look:

That non-fur cousin really likes color, lots of color, so I had Mom use the really zippy ones! (Mom also made a coffee-themed bag for her; you can see the Becca Bag at this link. It's not colorful, but it's coffee-themed.)

Anyroo, that's our coffee-themed quilt, Guinness and Shiloh's Mom! I hope it will inspire you!

I also just helped Mom make some new coffee-themed topper curtains for the kitchen. Zim likes them a lot; maybe his best kit-cat pal Huffle Mawson will, too!

Hmm... then there are the funky coffee-themed placemats Mom and I made ...

I'm thinking Zim isn't the only coffee lover around here! Woo! I've helped Mom with lots of coffee projects!

In case you're wondering ... Yes, it is tough work being Mom's Guide Dog for the Color Blind, but the pay is good.

Mmm... lemon cream pie!

Note to the Yoplait bipeds: Could you please come up with a more snooter-friendly cup? Thank woo.

I better get a nap in; I hear Mom and I are going to be starting a new project today. Woo.

Luv,
Dave, GDFTCB

20 comments:

  1. Howling at "snooter friendly"!!

    Your Mom makes gorgeous quilts. My HuMom loves quilting and tried to learn from her M-I_L (my HuGrammy) but she gave up when she discovered she doesn't posess the "quilting gene". Must be from poor breeding :)
    However, I do love to sleep on expensive quilts and love coffee therefore have great admiration for your coffee quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are FABULOUS and we know you guys like your coffee over there. Mom loves those because she loves coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Ohh DAve! I can;t wait to see what your project is today. I love the quilt! And your topper curtains. They were the inspiration for mom's in our kitchen!!!
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mom is so talented.. That is a beautiful quilt.. Mom used to do that when the kids were young. They loved to help her tie the quilts. Dad always laughs at mom since all the quilts she made she gave away. She never made one for herself.. Toph got a camo one that is now pretty worn since he loves it so much and it has been washed so many times...


    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie, Callie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great job Dave!

    Woo soooo have the talent!!

    It is nice woo khan keep your mom okhkhupied so she doesn't get into trouble!!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: yes, the yoplait khontainers are SOOOO not snooter friendly - maybe woo should get your mom to feed woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool quilt. I like your mom's curtains too. Lemon pie yogurt? Sounds delish!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-wooos, another beautiful quilt! Our humom likes coffee too. Have you seen the Husky Java they sell in the Save Our Siberians gift shop? We bought it for mom for Christmas. Maybe the non-fur cousin would like some sometime.

    We agree with you, Dave, about needing better snooter cups for yogurt.

    Wooos & a-roos,
    Star & Jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom sure is talented with her needle and thread! We love seeing all of her latest projects!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. w00f's A04, wow u mama makes sum pretty quilts...heehee my mama can sew a straight line..btw we went to u mama's bloggie, bute ti ful bags she makes...and her and dave make a pawsome team...

    b safe,
    ~rocky~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those curtains are great! I will claw mum to get some too I think. It's a pity she can't sew to save her life. Those quilts look like they'd be really good to sleep under.

    Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, to be so talented!!! What a great job woo and Mom do together. Love those placemats - maybe Mom can add placemats and curtains to her KZK line of business.

    Watch out for your snooter in those containers - could be a snug fit:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO WOO - Your Mom makes really cool quilts. And you are very lucky to get those wonderful yogurts for working hard. My Mom lets me clean her containers out too. Strawberry Banana is my favorite.

    Thor and Marco Polo

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo those are pretty! I bet if they were on the couch I could scratch them up all comfy! hehehee...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job, Dave Guide Dog for the Color Blind's mom. Our Jan is all thumbs, so we appreciate good handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Dave!
    Your mom does wonderful quilts and sure you are the best helper she can have!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! I need to get mom to do more quilting!

    Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilts!!!! Your human woman is sooo talented! And of course, she could never do it without all your help!!!

    I agree on the yogurt cups thing. Mom and dad eat that same kind, and it sure is a pain trying to lick the container when they are done!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dave you're right - the pay IS good! That quilt is bewootiful. Mom's lucky to have your expert assistance.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  19. wowsers - those are some absowootly fabwoolous quilts. mom especially loves the coffee themed one with loads of color. We think Zimmie deserves his own quilt cuz he's so darned cute. Keep up the good work, Dave and thatnks for the mention in your bloggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. We love those quilts, they are amazing!!!

    We agree about the yoplait cups... sometimes mum buys that kind and it's so hard to help her finish her yogurt that way!!!

    ;o)
    M & I

    ReplyDelete