Who We Are

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Garden Tour

Ha roo, pups! It's me - Zimmie! Since so many of you have complimented us on the gardens here at Ao4 HQs, I thought I'd give you a little tour. Come on along!

Here's up near the gate at the top of the backyard. Storms showed you this little area yesterday. It's a nice spot to sit and check for Oswald.

Speaking of whom, remember last fall when Ammy showed you the condos Oswald was selling in our backyard? Let's go check those!

Yeah.... he's been here. Fairly recently, too!

Just across from those is a cool line up of Minuet Weigela. They're under a couple of Amur Maples. Can you see them behind me here?

OK, fine, I'll move.

Pretty, aren't they? Tasty, too. Just in case you're wondering!

We have two other types of weigelas back there. Here are the Red Prince:

Or should I say that's the Red Prince in front of the Red Prince Weigela? Ha roo roo roo! They're also quite tasty. You know. In case you're interested.

We also have these:

They're called Wine and Roses Weigela. Mom always messes up and calls them "Wine and Cheese Weigela". That has a better ring to it to me! For some reason, Mom didn't let me go taste them. Something about me having done enough "pruning" already. I really don't remember any prunes. Hmmm.

One of the Butterfly Weeds that Aunt Janet sent survived the winter and Oswald. Let's take a look at that...

Mmm... tasty!

...And let's take just a TINY nibble, too.

Moving right along, or as Mom said, "NonononoZimmieNO!".... here's Mom's favorite part of the garden.

See that first retaining wall there, beyond the fence? Those are Gold Flame Spirea. That's where the Cat Burglar was that Ammy showed you. Needless to say, since I am a top student at the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies, I refused to look at the camera for that "one last photo" request.

I hope you enjoyed my Garden Tour; it's been a pleasure showing you around. I better get back to work. I'm on Sentry Duty at the front door.

Zzzzzzzzzzz............

That's right ... right by the AC vent.

Play bows,
Zim

12 comments:

  1. Oh what an excellent tour of your grounds!

    Evfurrything was beeWOOtiful -

    I think the Handsome Red Prince was my favourite -

    My mom said something about the wiggly wine bush -

    The photos were excellent - your participation at SZK's Pikhture Khlasses was SOOOO furry evident!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zim Ze Tour Guide,

    We must complement you on your knowledge of the garden and your ability to keep things so neat. Our yard has more of the "lived in" feel. Yours is sososososososo much prettier! We will anxiously await additional photos. We just wish Oswald popped up while you were out there.

    Mom says she's sending Rosemary to you to learn how NOT to dig, and Lola and Journey on how NOT to eat the dirt, compost, bark and plants. Your pruning job looks marvelous! Big congrats!

    Isn't it lovely you have bushes named after you, Prince Zim?

    Thanks for sharing. I hope you are safe from all those tornadoes in the alley!
    Lhasa Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Oh Zim, you are the most handsome tour guide! I love your yard. It looks so fun and colorful. I am amazed at how your mom got you to sit on that rock!!!
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard is just magnificent, Zim! Does your mom allow you to pee and poo in it? It's always picture perfect!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Stormy and Zim for such excellent tours of the gardens. You have a beautiful place to play and a fenced yard. What a luxury.

    We're glad you were foster failures too. ML left a correction for us that she ended up bringing home FOUR, not three, of her fosters after she turned them back into the shelter. She blubbered when they had to leave and we all blubbered with her. She's at missyblueeyes.blogspot.com if you missed them. Jan doesn't tell anyone but she is a BIIIIIG foster failure too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum is very jealous of your garden Zimmie! Ours is a wasteland at the moment.

    You are looking very handsome, by the way. And I'm happy to see you taking your sentry duties as seriously as I do. I usually guard the bed though.

    Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tour! And I didn't even have to leave my bed!

    Woo woo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an awesome backyard. It is beautiful..

    Oh you can come to the lake with us anytime you want. It will have to be early though since the weather has turned hot here in Texas already.. Upper 90's...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus and Louie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know - you really could sell tickets for those tours. We're very glad Mom clarified that THE Red Prince was in front of the red prince. We're impressed with your napping strategy....your snooter is right next to the cold air vent. Whatta a clever guy!
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tour. Your gardens are quite lovely and they look totally yummers, too.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes! Excellent door-blocking technique!

    Nice yard, too. But it doesn't have that Sibed-in look.

    I guess the humans have to have one or two other things to occupy their time. Besides taking care of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your yard is great! Mom is frustrated with our yard. She can't get anything to grow. In our new house, Mom hopes to have lots of pretty plants like you do.
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete