Who We Are

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Why Mom Can't Leave Kansas

Ha rooo! It’s me – Stormy! I keep laughing about Dave’s banana post from the other day. That was pretty good. Of course, that prompted all of us in the Ao4 to exchange other fun stories – and I told Dave one of my favorites. He’d never heard it; it was from before he’d joined the family. He laughed so hard over it - he thought I should share it with you today. Not a bad idea! Ha roo roo roo! I’m laughing just thinking about it.

This happened a long time ago - a couple months after Zim got here. He was just starting to learn the house rules, earning more privileges. He was at the “free reign if Mom’s home” stage, provided he’d been well-exercised and was “too tired” to get into mischief. (Mom’s words, not mine. I mean … he’s a Siberian. Define “too tired” and “mischief”!??!)

Mom and Dad left Fort Riley, Kansas the first time in '93, for Dad’s next assignment. One of the farewell gifts Mom received was a pair of "ruby red slippers" (à la"Wizard of Oz"), so that she could "get back home". They were VERY cute -- a highly creative person took some pumps, spray painted them red, and put red sequins all over them. Those shoes went with Mom to Maxwell AFB, Alabama,then on to Korea. In '96, they got the word -- reassignment to Ft. Riley, Kansas! Wow! Mom shot off an email to the friend who had made the shoes -- "The ruby red slippers WORK! We're on our way back to Kansas!" Ha roo roo roo. An intra-state move and retirement from the Army later, and here we all are.

Mom had (note the past tense....) the ruby red slippers displayed on a table on the stair landing with a big bouquet of sunflowers. WELL.... she came out of the shower this one day to find one torn up ruby red slipper in the middle of the living room floor. I had made myself at home in Zim's carrier, Amber was asleep in the breakfast room, and again, Dave hadn’t adopted us yet. …Mr. Innocent himself was snoozing by the living room fireplace acting like he had been there the whole time.

I taught him that – never get caught and always have an innocent look on your face. So how did Mom pin it on Zim? In her words, “You just haven't lived until you reach down to police up your Sibe's pooper and it's glittering with red sequins!!!!” Ha roo roo roo! I should have told him not to swallow the evidence! Ha roo! But it was a sight to behold! Mom and Dad were standing there looking at it, laughing like crazy, while people drove down the street staring at them wondering just what in the world could be so funny about poop!

So now you know why Mom can never leave Kansas! How would she get back? Ha roo roo roo.

But wait - there's more!!!!! Please ….. tune in tomorrow for the rest of the story!!!!!

Tail wags,
Storm

14 comments:

  1. You all have such hilarious stories!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he he!!!!!!!!! (ooooh that is me, Marvin, laughing so much!)

    Stormy - that is so so so funny!

    Red sequineed poo! How regal! Zim truly "sparkled" that day!!!!!!

    Off now to help Jeannie wipe the tears of laughter from her face! Love and laughing licks, Marvin xxxx (who has never had sequined poo - yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stormy, you are just so funny! That's the best story ever! Zimmie just wanted to sparkle inside and out - how creative!

    Since I LOVE underpants, there are bits and pieces of my favorite pairs still in the yard, including my very first underpants victim...the SUPERMAN undies.

    I'll bet red sequined poop is a lot more fun for your Mom to clean up than you standard kibble poo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stormy,
    That is a great story! I can't wait to here the rest tomorrow!

    Kat

    PS. Tell Zim that I was blushing all day yesterday after he left me a comment on my blog asking me what I was doing Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent detective work on the part of your humans!

    My human woman once found money in Sam's poop as she was mowing the yard, a $5 bill caught her eye! Amazing the things that come out exactly the same way they went in!!

    Oh, and NOT FAIR to leave us hanging until tomorrow!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm going to be waiting until tomorrow to have the story finished. I don't know if I can handle the suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHaHaa! Zim is a funny boy. I cannot wait to hear the rest of the story.
    -Magnum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaos: For some reason, Mom didn't find it as amusing as we did.

    Marvin: His poop was a sight to behold! Ha rooo!

    Marley: Since you're a little fella, let me remind you - not only should you make sure not to get caught ... but do NOT swallow the evidence! It's a dead giveaway!

    Kat: You won't beLIEVE what happened next! Ha rooo!
    And Zim said he was serious! :)

    Holly: Sam can poop out money? Now THAT'S a real talent!!!

    Peanut: It's worth the wait!

    Magnum: I think you'll like the rest of the story! Ha roo roo rooo!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stormy,

    Do your brothers know you are dishing their secrets???

    XOXOXO
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaa.. Woh a sequined poopy. Bet Zim's insides were real shiny at that time

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shiny red poop, Now that would be a sight. Way to make an entrance Zim. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story, Puppy Kisses, Sooky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chelsea: Yes! They do - and they don't mind. If they did, I wouldn't post it. You're very kind to ask! :)

    Fu Fu: You should have seen it! HA roo roo roo!

    Sooky: It's really one of the funniest things Zim has done. Ha roo roo roo!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahhaa foiled by POOP!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:31 PM

    ROTFBOL
    -TBH&K

    ReplyDelete