Who We Are

Friday, February 09, 2007

Doggie Dentals

Woooo, it's me - Dave! Dad's got a dental appointment on Monday and one of the nice ladies who works there called to remind him today. That led me to wonder ... how is everypuppy out there about letting their bipeds brush their teeth? You know, the more we eat right and the more we let our people brush our teeth, the healthier we'll be! (Dogonally speaking, I love the Tooth Fairy who paid me a visit, but I'd rather just go see him, give him a husky hug, and let him scratch my ears than what I went through last time!) So... best to let the bipeds do some brushing!

Here are some shots of me letting my mom do some brushing this morning. We have some really great chicken-flavored toothpaste. Mostly, we just try to lick that or chew the brush, but it all gets the job done!

That's it, Mom! Down on the uppers and up on the downers! Or something like that....

Yeah... that tastes good! Um... I mean feels good. Can you get the sides, too?

Thanks, Mom!

The dentist Mom and Dad go to are owned by four puppies - so you KNOW they're really great bipeds! Dr. W asked Mom one day if we let her brush our teeth. She answered yes, and that we'd probably let her do anything. One thing led to another and before long, he and the dental hygienist had taught her how to use the dental scaler tool. You know -- the scraping thing. Mom's real gentle and we always get lots of praise and cuddles and sweet talk during and COOKIES afterwards. Here's Zim showing how he feels about it:

Yeah, Mom? The scraping tool? Sure. Knock yourself out. Zzzzz......

Mom showed the picture of Zim to Dr. W and the ladies who work there and they were totally impressed. He admitted his pups don't let him do the scraping thing to them. Woo.

The girls aren't exactly as cooperative as us guys, but they're really pretty good. Especially if Mom remembers that "A Tired Siberian is a Good Siberian" thing. Stormy said Siberians are ALWAYS good; it's expectations on the bipeds' part that needs adjustment. Stormy's so SMART!

Woo, everypup! And remember to take care of those teethy-teeth!

Luv,
Dave

6 comments:

  1. My Human's dentist has cleaned the teeth of tigers at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Dave and Zim! You guys are real troopAhz! - Rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tubey: Woo! I hope he practices that sedation dentistry thing!

    Rockstar: We like it! We really do!

    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dentist says I need my teeth brushed too, as awful as that sounded i asked my mom to check to be sure the dentist was not really cats in disguise!! TROJAN DENTIST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have to admit Dave, you do make that look pretty inviting, doesn't look like it hurts at all, we may have to let the lady give it a go after all.
    Face Licks, M&M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey: It's not awful at all, honest! That toothpaste is TASTY!

    M & M: Hurt? No, not at all! It's very relaxing!

    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete