Who We Are

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Treasure Chest

Ha roo and play bows, everypup! It's me, Zim! Zim the Pirate, to be more precise!
So there I was the other day, hanging out in the living room. I was dreaming about what Cap'n Maverick, my fellow pirate said about treasure chests and booty. I just know I've seen a chest like that before.

trunk 1

Can't think of where, though.
Dave came in to see what I was doing, so I play bowed and said "Ha roo!"

trunk 2

We went on a zoomies rampage which was great fun, but all the time I was thinking about that treasure chest. Where have I seen one?
Then Storm called me back into the living room.

trunk 3

"Zim! Get in here! And bring Dave with you."

trunk 4

"Who? Us?" (We look innocent here, don't we?)
She said she meant NOW..... so we high-tailed it over to her.
Check this OUT! Look at what she found! All this time, it was right under our noses!

trunk 5

"Is this what you and Maverick have been looking for? Sheesh!"
WOWZERS! She's so SMART! It's EXACTLY what we've been looking for! Now we've gotta figure out how to break into it.
If anypup knows how to open one of these things, let me know!

Until next time, mateys!
Harrrrr and play bows,
Zim the Pirate

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Hi you Pirate Dogs! Have you tried chewin' it, this is my speciality.

    To open a treasure chest,
    Use your teeth, that's the best!

    Just give the wood a good old chew -
    You will soon find out what your molars can do!

    Poetically Yours, Bard of the Northern Hemisphere, Poet Dog and Scotsman, woooooooo! ooops sorry I did get a bit carried away there!!

    Marvin - Waves of Paws to the Army of Four xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Zim you sure are lucky to have such a smart sister. At the rate you were going, you never would have found the treasure chest (I noticed it right away in that cute picture of you).

    Keep us updated on the your attempts to open it. Hopefully there is something good inside.

    Later,
    Althea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harr Matey Zim. That B a treasure chest for sure. Maybe if you snuffle all around it, you can find a way to open it. I know there B booty inside for a clever Pirate like you Zim. Let me know if I can lend a paw.

    Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya gotta be sneaky 'bout it! If you bust it open, it cant look like you did it...or someone may get mad. I'm not allowed to open my moms things...but that doesn't stop me from trying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zim, Holly here.
    You could use your nose like my step-brother Samuel does. He usues his nose to pen doors, and cabinets all the time. He's very talented!

    Hollybollyboo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to open it but, maybe if you all take turns licking it the packaging will come right off?

    Worth a try.

    xoxoxo
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say use your teeth. One pup chewing at each corner, and that chest should be opened in a jiffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or you could dig a hole underneath it and try and get in through the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:13 AM

    I'd say a group nose nudge should do it!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha roo, everypup!
    Marvin: Great poem! Pup, you're talented! Chewing seems to be a popular idea. Looking at the leather handles, I can tell one of my great sisters has given it a try!
    Althea: Storm's so smart, isn't she? I can't believe I missed the trunk! "Cute", huh? :)
    Maverick: If we can't open this thing, I may have to ask you to sail on over here to help!
    Ender: "Sneaky" is my middle name!
    Holly: Good thinking! Amber can use her nose to open the wicker trunk out on the deck. Some of our cool toys are in there -- maybe this trunk has toys, too!
    Chelsea: Am said she tried licking the leather straps once and was told NO real loud once. If we go that route, we'll have to be sneaky like Ender said!
    T-man: Another vote for chewing!
    Ender: I've been told not to dig in the bed or on the stair landing ... but I don't think I've ever been told not to dig in the living room. You could be on to something here!!!
    Buster: Team work! Good idea!
    I'll keep everypup posted! Thanks for all the great ideas!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Hey Pals,
    We have something similar to that there chest at our house. It has a big lock with a key that turns and the key is actually hanging in the lock! Is there a key in your??? If there is, then 2 of you take a paw and push on each side of the key to turn it a few times and maybe the chest will pop open!!!
    Wirey Hugs!
    Butchy & Snickers

    ReplyDelete